STUDENT INFORMATION FOR CONCERT
Click the 'CONCERT CONTRACT' button below for the concert contract. Each student must go on record as wanting to do concert or declining to participate in concert. This contract makes it clears who will participate in concert. Below the contract are two buttons with information about costumes, costume prices, costume packages. One button is for the younger dancers 3 to 8 years and the other for the older students 9+.
Specific information, such as various schedules for events, 1) what time classes will have pictures taken on picture days 2) dress rehearsal schedule - when classes will rehearse 3) performance schedule for each show - tells which show a class is in.
Below are the 2016 student information for concert.
Click buttons above for PDF file viewer of information - these can be printed.
- Red buttons do not have the information posted yet.
- Green buttons do.
Concert is at Vance Brand Auditorium at Skyline High School in Longmont
- There are 3 shows - one on Friday, 7pm, and two on Saturday, 1pm and 7pm. The Saturday 1pm show has more young students and all or nearly all of the 3, 4, 5 year olds
- Concert is not required of any student, but we have found that students find it fun, rewarding and educational. The student experiences a 1) fully operating theatrical back stage, 2) being on stage under the bright stage lights, 3) performing for the audience and 4) having to team with fellow performers to make the choreography come to life. In short, a well rehearsed performance, non-competitive team work and audience acceptance are self esteem builders like little else. And few people experience the energy and personal sunshine of an enthusiastically clapping audience.
- Posed pictures in full costume are taken two to three weeks before concert. No one is required to purchase the pictures but we ask that students participate in the picture taking session for the experience and the inclusion of all students for the class pictures. Click to see 2016 pictures.
- There is a concert fee and charges for costumes. Costume measurements are taken just before break in December. Students are required to either commit to or decline to participate in concert by December 10th.
Regular class attendance is required for all students, but attendance is particularly important for students participating in concert. Concert is a commitment and everyone who commits is expected to follow through with it. All the dancers in a class depend on all the other dancers to know their parts. It truly is a team effort.
- Everyone who participates in concert must take part in the dress rehearsal. Dress rehearsal is always on the Thursday before the weekend of Concert.
Tickets are available at the studio and at the door. General admission: $15, one dollar more at the door. Children under five using a seat: $1 for city seat tax.
Picture days -
- Saturday May 20 and Sunday May 21 2017
Dress Rehearsal -
- Thurs. June 8 2017 starting at 12 noon
Concert Shows -
- Fri. June 9th 2017 7pm,
- Sat. June 10th 2017 1pm, 7 pm